Exercise 1: Observation or Evaluation?
Which statements include observations, free of evaluation? Translate statements with evaluations into possible observations.
- “Raj pounded on the table and said he was tired of the tone police.”
- “Jane didn’t ask me to come to the affinity group meeting.”
- “My boss is a good manager.”
- “Lila works long hours.”
- “Bob was furious with me yesterday and he left for no reason.”
- “Mika has a lot of power.”
- “Shaun was the first one to leave every day this week.”
- “The two teams rarely speak to each other.”
- “Tony told me my filing system was amazing.”
- “Wasim complained about me and implied that I was insensitive to people from the global south.”
For more articles like this, go to the www.authenticcommunicationgroup.com