Are you struggling with overwhelming emotions? Working with a therapist can help you understand:
- how trauma impacts your behavior
- unexplained ailments such as headaches, stomach aches, or a weak immune system
- diminished sex drive
- emptiness in your life or relationships
- addiction to drugs, alcohol, sex or food
- depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress
What is therapy?
Therapy is a collaborative process for addressing psychological or emotional issues through talk-based interventions. The primary goals of therapy are to help you
- develop a deeper insight into the functioning of your mind
- identify and break through dysfunctional behavior patterns
- reorganize your psychic structure to achieve a sense of emotional well-being
- promote personal growth and development.
- embrace effective communication skills and problem solving abilities
- overcome past trauma
Therapy can help you navigate various challenges, such as mental health disorders, relationship difficulties, life transitions, traumatic experiences, or personal growth goals. It provides a safe and confidential space for you to explore your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, gain insight into your concerns, and develop coping strategies or solutions.
Modes of therapy
- Individual Therapy: Focuses on identifying and modifying negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to distress. It also involves exploring unconscious patterns, childhood experiences, and the influence of past relationships on current issues. Individual therapy also emphasizes personal growth, self-awareness, and self-acceptance to achieve full potential.
- Family Therapy: Involves multiple family members to address conflicts, improve communication, and enhance familial relationships. You can explore family dynamics, identify trans-generational scripts and develop healthier strategies where needs of all family members can be respected.
- Couples Therapy: Supports partners to improve communication, resolve conflicts, and strengthen the relationship. You and your partner can work through dysfunctional relational schemas, complementary relational wounds, and breaking down the possible negative symbiosis between partners.
- Group Therapy: Therapist-led sessions with a small group of individuals experiencing similar challenges, providing support and perspective.
The duration and frequency of therapy sessions vary depending on your needs and treatment goals. Therapy can be short-term (a few sessions) or long-term (months or even years), and you can work with your therapist to determine the appropriate course of treatment. Typically you can plan on one hour for individual sessions and 90 minutes for couples sessions.
Difference between therapy and coaching
- Therapy supports you to heal from your past while coaching enables you to create your desired future. Therefore therapy entails more rigorous, in-depth and regressive work whereas coaching is more visionary, creative and future oriented.
- Therapy helps you understand the workings of your mind, recognise your core relational patterns and identify and work through your injunctions at the mind, body and soul level. In contrast, coaching is more focused on helping you to understand your core values, and create the life of your dreams.
Authentic Communication Therapy can help you achieve healthier relationships and emotional well-being through effective communication, self-awareness and resolution of intra-psychic conflicts.
At the heart of our therapy approach is Nonviolent Communication, developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg. NVC emphasizes the importance of empathy, self-expression, non-judgmental listening and compassionate communication. By learning NVC skills, you can develop deeper connections with others, resolve conflicts peacefully, and increase your emotional intelligence.
We rely on Internal Family Systems to support awareness of different parts of the psyche. All parts are welcome and there are no bad parts. We also incorporate Transactional Analysis (TA) into our therapy sessions. TA is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on understanding how past experiences and relationships shape our current behavior and thought patterns. By exploring and understanding these patterns, you can make conscious choices to improve your relationships and overall well-being.
About our Therapists
Anisha Pandya practices transformative psychotherapy and focuses on working with your strengths and creating a platform for you to operate from a space of need awareness. Anisha has a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Mumbai University and began her career as a psychology lecturer and in-house therapist at Mithibai College. She has also worked as a manager for the project “Self-empowerment of commercial sex workers” at Care India and as a training manager at Tigers India Pvt. Ltd. Anisha is certified as a Provisional Trainer and Supervisor of Transactional Analysis from the International Transactional Analysis Association, and a Certified Professional Coach (ICF) from Coaching for Transformation, Leadership that Works. She is also a Certified T-lab facilitator from the Indian Society for Applied Behavioral Science, a member of National Training Laboratories, and a certified Assessor and Coach for SEI (Emotional Intelligence scale), MBTI Step 1 and 2, and Master Practitioner of NLP from NFNLP. Additionally, she is a Certified Emotional Intelligence Practitioner from Six Seconds, USA.
David J. Stern, PsyD
David Stern, PsyD is a psychologist and Certified IFS Therapist and Consultant who has been in private practice in Providence, RI, for more than 20 years. Formerly on the Committee for Spirituality and Psychotherapy at The William James College in Massachusetts and the New England Center for Existential Therapy, he has presented locally and nationally on the practical and theoretical aspects of the spiritual dimension of psychotherapy. He runs many consultation groups with therapists from around the world and has presented numerous times at the annual IFS conference. In addition to teaching workshops on IFS and spirituality, he has been offering a 16 week comprehensive introduction to IFS to answer the need for IFS training.
If you are interested in learning more about our therapy services or scheduling a session, please book your appointment here. We are here to support you in your journey towards healthier relationships and emotional well-being.